apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject Memory management requirements buckets/brigades, new pools
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2001 15:28:21 GMT

It seems that the memory management requirements for
buckets is that they have to be able to control their
own lifetime.  In other words, they need to be allocated
and freed on an individual basis.
It seems that their lifetime is bound by the lifetime
of the connection.

The above let me believe that buckets need a free
function to complement apr_palloc.  Hence the
attached patch that introduces apr_pfree *).  I know
this patch introduces some extra overhead, although
not much, which could be unacceptable.  OTOH would
this make it possible to use one memory management
scheme throughout apache...

Maybe something to consider, maybe not.  I don't
even know if these are the criteria or not ;)

*) patch is against the recently posted possible
   replacement code for pools.

View raw message