apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Review of possible replacement for pools
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2001 18:26:32 GMT
> Why are we spending time trying to optimize pools when we haven't
> eliminated the
> malloc/frees in the bucket brigade calls? The miniscule
> performance improvements
> you -might- get optimizing pools will be completely obscured by
> the overhead of the
> malloc/frees.
> Bill

Because it also eliminates the locking in the threaded mpm.
And, I wanted to see if I could squeeze some extra performance
out of it and make it a bit more readable.  I don't know if
I succeeded in the latter.  Or the performance for that matter :)

Btw, why couldn't we use pools in brigades again?

View raw message