apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Fwd: brianp patch Quantify results] (was thread-specific freelistfor pools" patch )
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:21:24 GMT
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 11:09:13PM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
>> Mine takes it a bit further.  It essentially makes the freelist more
>> efficient.  Adds the possibility to request a new freelist for a pool,
>> which can optionally have locking.
>
> Cool.
>
>> Furthermore it resolves some
>> issues with possible segfaults in the current pools code when running
>> out of memory.
>
> Not necessary :-)

Well, for the apr_pvsprintf routine I disagree.  When out of mem, this
routine will segfault regardless of having registered an abort function
with the pool or not.  In the modified situation, the pools abort
function is called when out of mem and NULL is returned.  I know you
consider the latter unnecessary, but I try to think of other applications
using APR and thus pools which do not register an abort.  And to my
current knowledge even httpd doesn't do so.

Sander