apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Fwd: brianp patch Quantify results] (was thread-specific freelistfor pools" patch )
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 21:09:13 GMT
> On Fri, 2001-08-24 at 13:50, Sander Striker wrote:
> > Please hlod off for a day.  I've done some pools coding
> > too again (and hopefully I can send in a patch tonight).
> > It should have even better performance.  Just ironing it
> > out.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sander
> >
> sander,
> could your and brian's patches be merged, or do they both basiclaly
> do the same thing.

Mine takes it a bit further.  It essentially makes the freelist more
efficient.  Adds the possibility to request a new freelist for a pool,
which can optionally have locking.  Furthermore it resolves some
issues with possible segfaults in the current pools code when running
out of memory.

However, there is a downside.  I started with an empty slate and then
started to add things in.  I still haven't merged some things over
(the APR_POOL_DEBUG mode, USE_MALLOC and other fancy debug stuff).  Also,
my code isn't documented very well at the moment (OTOH, the current
pools code isn't exactly a quick read with all those #if[def] lines...).

Sander