apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] DBM - allow multiple DBM's of differnt types at the same time.
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:26:47 GMT
Sterling Hughes wrote:

>>sorry bout that.
>>MSVC does it's own thing with spacing ;(
>>(ok.. I've run the code through indent so that should help.)
>>

>    It looks good -- a couple of comments:
>
>    1) Perhaps sync and optimize API functions could be added, yes,
>    some db's don't support this, but they can just do nothing for those
>    db's (no loss if there is no API for it).

sounds fair..

>    2) Sometimes people may want to compile with support for two
>    databases and then decide at runtime which one they want to use.
>    Could this not be put into the current implementation?

yes.. thats the point of the patch
#include <apr_dbm_sdbm.h>
#include <apr_dbm_db.h>

apr_dbm_t  b1= apr_dbm_open_sdbm(...);
apr_dbm_t b2= apr_dbm_open_db(...);

should work.
the 'test' program will have a update later which will allow it to
choose DB types (-t DB|SDBM|GDBM)

>    3) Some of the Berkeley DB stuff doesn't look quite right to me,
>    however, I'm no expert (could be perfectly fine).  Someone else should
>    probably take a closer look at this though....

I ran the test program on berkley 3.3.11 on NT, and the basic ops work
(I don't think the current stuff does)