apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject [proposal] DBM - allow multiple DBM's of differnt types at the same time.
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:31:51 GMT
I'm posting the source, as the patches would be too hard to read

I've split up the single apr_dbm.c into 2 parts.
a logical interface, (apr_dbm.c)
and a implementation. (apr_dbm_[SDBM/DB].c)

by doing this It allows:
* other DB types to be added easily externally by other people
* allows a 'default' db type for developers who just want a 'db'
* allows developers to specify which DB they want
* allows people to have multiple DB-types running at the same type.

If I could get some +1 votes I'll commit the changes
(and get a GDBM version working)

..Ian