apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Handholding: shared memory
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2001 11:32:07 GMT
Hi all,

I need a bit of handholding with the allocation of shared memory
segments in APR. A couple of questions:

- Is the reqsize parameter in apr_shm_init() optional? In other words
does this follow the behavior of the MM library where if the value is
set to zero it defaults to the maximum possible size with a soft maximum
of 64MB?

- Is the setting of the shared memory segment name using
apr_shm_name_get() and apr_shm_name_set() optional or mandatory?

I would like to use apr_shm_name_set() to give a particular segement a
name, but it's not clear in the APR header docs as to whether this is
possible on all platforms, or whether on some platforms only anonymous
shared memory is possible.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon