apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: multipart/foo rfc2046 parser to suppliment rfc822?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 06:14:33 GMT
On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 12:21:29AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Justin, Ryan,
>
>   it seems there are now two interesting rfc822+ Apache apps out there
> (pop and mbox) and I was wondering... do either of you already have the
> multipart parsing that we could move to apr-util (along with rfc822) to
> implement Martin's suggestion of using multipart/alternative (server side)
> over the quick-hack .var map files I implemented?
>
>   Note that rfc2046 and it's successors define a _single_ legitimate parsing
> strategy for multipart documents.  Therefore, this parser is simply implemented
> in terms of rfc822 headers, and the new body semantics.
>
>   I think these _very_ common parsers belong in apr-util (if rfc822 isn't
> already there, I'm working from memory.)

mod_mbox's parsing routines don't support multipart parsing, but I don't
think it would be that hard to add.  I'll take a quick look at the
MIME multipart spec to see what it requires.

mod_mbox's parsing is fairly straightforward.  I'll assume that
mod_pop3's is in the similar hackish vein.  =-)  -- justin