apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util configure.in Makefile.in
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:10:19 GMT
On Friday 31 August 2001 08:52, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net> writes:
> > On Friday 31 August 2001 07:48, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> > -1  This is where we were before I made the change a few weeks
> > ago.  APR-util relies on APR to build, duplicating the build logic
> > is a bad idea, because like all duplicate code, it opens up places
> > for bugs to hide.
>
> That's just plain silly.  Copying a file from apr to apr-util doesn't
> introduce more places for bugs to hide, any more than copying a
> libtool-provided .m4 into one of our own does.  And this sort of
> "duplication" has little relation to the changes you allude to.
>
> Do you have a real reason not to commit this, or alternatively, your
> own working solution you can commit?

Yeah, the real reason, is that this is completely bogus.  The real solution is
to have different orderings for build and clean.  This makes good sense,
because we are essentially saying APR has to be built before APR-util,
and APR has to be cleaned after APR-util.

I'll commit within ten minutes.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org