apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: brianp patch Quantify results] (was thread-specific free listfor pools" patch )
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 21:46:14 GMT
On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 01:58:02PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 01:48:52PM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> > sander,
> > could your and brian's patches be merged, or do they both basiclaly
> > do the same thing.
>
> I think they do essentially the same thing.  Sander's patch is a
> rewrite of the pool code with improvements thrown in.  I'm
> testing/hammering on it now.  It does seem to be a definite win
> from early testing though.  -- justin

If code is destined for the Apache tree, then it would be best to post that
code publicly, rather than sent privately to other people for testing.

Maybe nobody will do anything with it, but it gives them a chance to try it
and to review it. Behind the scenes work is detrimental to the group effort.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/