apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] DBM - allow multiple DBM's of differnt types at the same time.
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:54:12 GMT
On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 09:31:51AM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> APU_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_dbm_fetch(apr_dbm_t *dbm, apr_datum_t key,
>                                         apr_datum_t *pvalue)
> {
> 	return dbm->fetch (dbm,key,pvalue);
> }

Watch the style.  This should be:

return dbm->fetch(dbm, key, pvalue);

No spaces before the ( and spaces in between parameter names.

I think you misnamed the Berkeley DB file/structure.  You called it
berkley.  =-)  I can never spell it right either - I had to go to
their website (which of course requires spelling berkeley right - a
catch-22 - thanks goodness for Google...).

> static void apr_dbm_close_db(apr_dbm_t *dbm)
> {
>     //APR_DBM_CLOSE(dbm.file);

// is invalid in C.  Use /* */.

> static apr_status_t apr_dbm_fetch_db(apr_dbm_t *dbm, apr_datum_t key,
>                                         apr_datum_t *pvalue)
> {
>     apr_status_t rv;
> 	apr_berkley_db_t *real_ptr = dbm->file;
> 	DB*db=real_ptr->bdb;
>     DBT ckey;
>     DBT rd;
> 	int dberr;

Seems like there are tabs and spaces in this fragment.  We should only
have 4 space indention (no tab chars).

HTH.  Please repost once the style is cleaned-up and then I'll look at
it again.  My brain doesn't parse code that isn't in the correct
style.  Sorry.

It generally looks good, but I'll take a deeper look once the style
issues are addressed.  -- justin