apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr CHANGES configure.in
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 05:54:05 GMT
On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 05:15:00AM -0000, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> rbb         01/08/13 22:15:00
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES configure.in
>   Log:
>   Fix the new shared memory configure script.  The APR_DECIDE
>   macros go in order, so the last set of dependancies that are
>   met are the ones used.  That means that when using those macros,
>   options should be listed with the least desirable option first,
>   and the most desirable last.  The new shared memory routines did
>   the opposite, so we chose the wrong shared memory option on Linux.
>   CS: Obtained from:

Eh, what?

Don't we want to avoid MMAP on a temporary file?  This seems contrary
to how I understand things.  Now, we have to have enough disk space
to back the shared memory.  Ack.

The ordering was as I intended and is similar to the ordering in MM.
MAP_ANON should be our preference on Linux.  There are some reports
that older versions of Linux don't support MAP_ANON properly.  But,
I haven't run across that yet.  --  justin