apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/xml/expat buildconf buildconf.sh
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 23:03:54 GMT
On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 01:58:04PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 01:31:00PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:47:13PM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> > > jerenkrantz    01/08/01 13:47:13
> > >
> > >   Modified:    .        .cvsignore CHANGES configure.in
> > >                build    apu-conf.m4
> > >   Added:       .        buildconf
> > >                xml/expat buildconf
> > >   Removed:     .        buildconf.sh
> > >                xml/expat buildconf.sh
> > >   - Removes libtool generation in apr-util.  rbb's recent commit made it so
> > >     that we would use APR's libtool, but he didn't remove the generation of
> > >     it.  Expat still generates a libtool, but I may remove it from there
> > >     (but I am leery of branching too much from the official Expat version).
> >
> > Changing the name of that file will make it much more difficult to apply
> > fixes back and forth between the two. Tossing libtool might not be too bad,
> > but it does seem like a marginal optimization -- it will only be used when
> > somebody doesn't have an expat on their system.
>
> Did we add the buildconf.sh or is that a part of the official expat
> repository?

Part of the official repository. I put it there :-)

> I don't really plan on removing libtool from expat.  It was just a
> thought.  We seem to have out-of-date config.guess and libtool in
> our bundled expat which causes problem with newer OSes (Darwin?).

There are a lot of build/config fixes that I need to do to Expat so that
another Expat release can be made (1.95.2 was done last week; this month
will see a 1.95.3). Part of that will be to upgrade the libtool in there,
and to integrate changes back/forth between our copy and the official one.
Our copy has some good work in the build/config that can migrate over to the
official Expat (the ASF is good at that part :-).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/