apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/xml/expat buildconf buildconf.sh
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 20:58:04 GMT
On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 01:31:00PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:47:13PM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> > jerenkrantz    01/08/01 13:47:13
> >
> >   Modified:    .        .cvsignore CHANGES configure.in
> >                build    apu-conf.m4
> >   Added:       .        buildconf
> >                xml/expat buildconf
> >   Removed:     .        buildconf.sh
> >                xml/expat buildconf.sh
> >   - Removes libtool generation in apr-util.  rbb's recent commit made it so
> >     that we would use APR's libtool, but he didn't remove the generation of
> >     it.  Expat still generates a libtool, but I may remove it from there
> >     (but I am leery of branching too much from the official Expat version).
>
> Changing the name of that file will make it much more difficult to apply
> fixes back and forth between the two. Tossing libtool might not be too bad,
> but it does seem like a marginal optimization -- it will only be used when
> somebody doesn't have an expat on their system.

Did we add the buildconf.sh or is that a part of the official expat
repository?  If it is a part of expat, I'll revert back to
buildconf.sh for xml/expat.  I'd like to keep apr-util as buildconf
since that matches apr and httpd-2.0.

I don't really plan on removing libtool from expat.  It was just a
thought.  We seem to have out-of-date config.guess and libtool in
our bundled expat which causes problem with newer OSes (Darwin?).
-- justin