apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/xml/expat buildconf buildconf.sh
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 20:31:00 GMT
On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:47:13PM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    01/08/01 13:47:13
>
>   Modified:    .        .cvsignore CHANGES configure.in
>                build    apu-conf.m4
>   Added:       .        buildconf
>                xml/expat buildconf
>   Removed:     .        buildconf.sh
>                xml/expat buildconf.sh
>   - Removes libtool generation in apr-util.  rbb's recent commit made it so
>     that we would use APR's libtool, but he didn't remove the generation of
>     it.  Expat still generates a libtool, but I may remove it from there
>     (but I am leery of branching too much from the official Expat version).

Changing the name of that file will make it much more difficult to apply
fixes back and forth between the two. Tossing libtool might not be too bad,
but it does seem like a marginal optimization -- it will only be used when
somebody doesn't have an expat on their system.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/