apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/unix thread.c
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 21:11:19 GMT
I posted a fix for this about a week and a half ago. The fix attempted
to do the same thing on other platforms. Also, my fix made one extra
change (that may or may not be agreeable to the group), and that was to
change the prototype of apr_thread_exit() so it takes an apr_status_t
instead of an (apr_status_t*). This was because the original method
essentially required the return status (which is just an (int)) to be
allocated from the heap merely so it could be passed back through
thread_join() (or analog in all cases except os2). By making it a
non-pointer the caller doesn't have to worry about where the memory for
the (int) was allocated, because it's immediately copied.

-aaron

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 04:45:48PM -0000, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> trawick     01/08/01 09:45:48
>
>   Modified:    threadproc/unix thread.c
>   Log:
>   fix apr_thread_join() on Unix to pick up the correct thread
>   exit status code

[...]