apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject multipart/foo rfc2046 parser to suppliment rfc822?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 05:21:29 GMT
Justin, Ryan,

  it seems there are now two interesting rfc822+ Apache apps out there
(pop and mbox) and I was wondering... do either of you already have the
multipart parsing that we could move to apr-util (along with rfc822) to
implement Martin's suggestion of using multipart/alternative (server side)
over the quick-hack .var map files I implemented?

  Note that rfc2046 and it's successors define a _single_ legitimate parsing
strategy for multipart documents.  Therefore, this parser is simply implemented
in terms of rfc822 headers, and the new body semantics.

  I think these _very_ common parsers belong in apr-util (if rfc822 isn't
already there, I'm working from memory.)

Bill