apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject warnings with APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2001 21:31:37 GMT

Just a heads up on some warnings I'm getting on Solaris 2.6 where
APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE is selected:

locks.c: In function `apr_os_lock_get':
locks.c:344: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
locks.c: In function `apr_os_lock_put':
locks.c:365: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast

The problem is that (after macro substitution) my apr_os_lock_t looks like
this:

struct apr_os_lock_t {
    pthread_mutex_t *crossproc;
    pthread_mutex_t *intraproc;
};

And apr_os_lock_get/put assume that crossproc will be an int (as it is
with the other serialize methods).

I'd work on this, but it'd probably be easier for somebody who's spent
more time in the locking code than I have...

--Cliff