apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: exploration of APR goes on
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 21:57:07 GMT
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 05:01:25PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >

> > > 3) the 5% missing bits i've found so far are:
> > >
> > > - getuid() i assume that this has been discussed?  i have
> > > to get latest httpd-2 to find out how this has been tackled.
> > > instead i have to do a getenv('USER') [yes, yuck].
> >
> > Take a look at apr_get_userid(), which among other things is in the "user"
> > subdirectory of APR.
>
> it doesn't do getuid() / geteuid() - it does getpwnam / getpwuid.
>
> so there's no means to obtain _current_ user id of running
> process, only a lookup from a username (or userid).

Not yet.  Nobody has needed that ability so far.  Feel free to implement
it though.  APR follows a VERY simple rule.  We don't implement a feature
until it is needed.  :-)

One warning, I have no idea how this would work on Windows.  In order for
this to really be useful, we have to figure that piece out.

Ryan