apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: sms_trivial locking Re: missing apr_pool_child_cleanup_set when using SMS?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:52:24 GMT
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, David Reid wrote:

> Did we ever get anywhere with changing the buckets code to use sms?

I've still got some half-written patches laying around.  I put them aside
awhile back because I was busy with other things, because SMS was in a
state of grand flux, and because Brian's gprof twiddlings showed that the
use of malloc in the buckets code was not the #1 performance killer I'd
thought it would be.  Later discussions by Dean et al revealed that recent
mallocs seem to have made great strides in the performance arena.  <shrug>
Anyhow, I'll get back to the buckets SMS thing, because I still want to
try it... after Apache 2 beta 2.  =-)

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com