apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: table inefficiencies Re: Observations on fragmentation in SMS pools
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:31:32 GMT

[Is it just me or is it nearly impossible to have a conversation about
Apache or APR that doesn't in some way belong on BOTH lists? <sigh>]

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Brian Pane wrote:

> It's worth noting that half of the apr_table_get calls in
> Apache are from mod_mime.  I posted a patch to new-httpd
> a couple of weeks ago that replaces mod_mime's tables with
> hash tables.

Can you repost that to new-httpd?  I'd forgotten about it but am
definitely interested.

> Other frequent callers of linear-time table lookups:
> ap_set_byterange, ap_setup_client_block.

Patches for those would be fine by me, as well.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA