apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: apr_pstrcat()
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2001 05:52:30 GMT
On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> +1, personally I would prefer to have the length returned in the parameter
> list.

I was leaning that way as well for consistency with apr_pstrcat().

>  Or, we could do something I have been considering since I started
> APR.  We could create an apr_string_t.  This would be a simple type, with
> just a char * and a length.  The goal would be to use an apr_string_t
> whenever we already have a length.  I would love to find a way to pack the
> length into a simple C string, but since that isn't really possible, I
> think creating a new string type might make sense.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that.  I recall the discussions on that front
from a while back... didn't Greg mention that he had such a beast in use
somewhere (Subversion maybe)?  Anyhow, it's a great idea and I'm all for
it, but it will take a lot of work and some pretty widespread changes to
put it to use, so an apr_pstrlencat() seems like a reasonable quick
fix/stopgap measure to me.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com