apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject apr_pstrcat()
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2001 05:29:49 GMT

You know, it'd be really cool if there were a version of apr_pstrcat()
that returned the length of the concatenated output.  There are LOTS of
places where we call apr_pstrcat() and then immediately have to call
strlen() on its output, when apr_pstrcat() itself is already computing the
length *twice*.  Would anybody mind if I added an apr_pstrlencat() or
something like that?  [Anybody got a better name?  I'm all ears.] Either
the length or the output string would have to be returned via reference in
the parameter list, obviously... I'm not sure which is better.  Thoughts?

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA