apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/buckets apr_buckets_file.c
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 01:46:17 GMT
On Wed, 4 Jul 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > Hoooo... good catch.  I don't know why I never thought of that before.
> > <sigh>  You're right that it sucks for performance, but then again if we
> > get to this point we've given up on mmaping the file so we're in the
> > "worst case" performance scenario anyway.
>
> I only caught it because it exposed a bug in mod_pop3.  :-)

I'd imagine that we've never noticed it before because you'd only see it
if you took a file bucket, split and/or copied it, and read from a LATER
part of the file BEFORE reading from the beginning of the file, which
isn't common in current Apache modules.  Maybe we should come up with a
mod_scramble/mod_unscramble to test for weird stuff like this.  =-)

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA