apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: lib/apr_signal.c
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:47:13 GMT
[...]
> what i suspect is happening in subversion [correct me if i'm
> wrong, here!] is that they are writing their own server-code.

You're wrong :)
subversion is going to use httpd with mod_dav as the server :)
Check out http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList
and http://subversion.tigris.org/project_status.html to get how
they plan on doing it.

> and httpd has some seriously excellent server-code.

Yep :)

> now, on my own, i don't have the experience to write server-code.
> not of the quality of httpd.
>
> however, what i _am_ prepared to do is to create a framework
> that mirrors that of SocketServer.py (the one in current CVS
> for the due 2.1.1 NOT the one in 2.0 NOT the one in 2.1 it
> has bugs in the ThreadingMixIn]
>
> i could use this for xvl, cliffs, all of the dcerpc daemons
> we'd like to write.  etc.
>
> you could use it for httpd.
>
> subv could use it.
>
> everyone else could use it.
>
> what u think?

Wondering what the framework like socketserver.py looks like.
Summary?

It seems that the apache server framework can be extended
with other protocols by just adding new modules and filters.
But then again, I'd have to try, to see what problems we encounter
in doing so.

Sander