apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Shared Memory Hash Table / SMS
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:07:52 GMT
> Just wondering if any has got one of these going,
> how does the proposed SMS shared library handle pointers?

Sorry Ian, we're not quite there yet, at least, if you
mean a shared mem sms.

I hope to commit the sms that handles multi threading in
a nicer way tonight. I had planned on doing that yesterday,
but was to tired to finish it.

David and I briefly discussed a dual memory pool to
implement shared memory. One for accounting, one to be
the actual memory. There will probably be more discussion
needed on the list first.

What do you mean exactly with 'shared mem hash table / sms'?
I mean, what kind of image is in your head? [curious]

> ...Ian

Sander