apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: SMS usage patterns, hierarchies
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:48:48 GMT
> > However, my question, and point, can't we do without
> > destroying all the subreqs individualy and just destroy
> > the request?
>
> No can do... it's very easy to come up with a request that causes many
> thousands of subrequests to be made (think mod_autoindex on a big
> directory).  If you don't clean up each subrequest after it happens, you
> get a big ole' resource leak for the duration of the main request.

Ok, that makes sense. And there is probably no way of telling when the
request is over? I mean, if you look at the sequence of events we reach
a point where apr_pool_destroy is called on the entire list of sub requests
and right after that the request is destroyed. It isn't obvious when that
is, is it?

Sander