apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: SMS as Pools Patch
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:11:25 GMT
> If all the SMS's do this, i.e. it's done in the framework not in the
> specific SMS, then we will have a very nice locking strategy :)
>
> > > Basically I wanted to do locking on demand (so when 2 or more threads
> > > are using a sms it locks, when only 1 thread uses it, it doesn't
> (default)).
> > > Maybe we need to change one(1) line in the threaded mpm in httpd to
> > > allow it to work as intended, ~1 free list per thread.
>
> OK, I'll bite, what's the change that's required?

The apr_pool_create function that I assume is called in the mpm
(to be the parent for all the other pools in the threads created)
would need to become apr_sms_threads_create().

Ofcourse the other changes needed are in apr. In apr_thread_create
to be precise.

Sander

PS. I want to commit apr_threads_sms, but I don't know how to build
    it conditionally. I could ofcourse just put #if APR_HAS_THREADS
    #endif around all the code in apr_sms_threads.c, but that somehow
    rubs me the wrong way.