apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject SMS usage patterns, hierarchies
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:25:59 GMT
Hi,

I've done a different approach to the usage patterns. Instead of looking
at the allocations I tried to visualize the pools hierarchies in httpd
and how they get modified during request and init phase.

To accomplish this I hacked up some code that outputs 'dot' files
on each sms create, reset, destroy and tag operation. I then used this
in my local tree where pools are redefined as sms (see Davids patch).

You can see the results on http://striker.xs4all.nl. However, this is
just an ADSL line, so it might be dog slow. If enough of you find this
interesting we should move this to a location where bandwidth isn't
a problem.

Sander

PS. If this output proves usefull I could send in a patch which creates
    it in sms. It needs cleaning up though :)