apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: New code for APR-UTIL...
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:57:27 GMT
And too bad, but impossible... Under OS/X, to load the library I need to
call NSAddModule, as the JVM lib is not linked as a MH_BUNDLE (shit). So we
can't really load the VM in any environment using APR (under OS/X you use
NSLinkModule)...

And on Linux, the libjvm.so file MUST be in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable (as
dlopen fails miserably if it's not there).

Shit I should think twice before posting :)

I'll keep the implementation (right now) as clean and as APR-like as
possible (reusing stuff where I can), and when this will be hopefully fixed
in OS/X 10.1 (coming in September), we could plan an integration...

Basically, what I wanted to do, was to, given a JAVA_HOME environment
variable, call something like apr_java_load(...) which would return a
pointer to a JNIEnv... What I wanted to do was to have an easier invocation
mechanism to discover and construct the JVM...

The code is right now non-APRized in the jakarta-tomcat-4.0/service
repository, but since I'm rewriting it, I wanted to make it more APR
friendly.

    Pier