apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: mod_webapp
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:31:10 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. at wrowe@rowe-clan.net wrote:

> [...]

I'm going to redistribute the sources of APR with the source release of
mod_webapp, it's not a big deal (I can actually update with a specific date,
instead of using a tag! :)

>> I'd say to pick a daily CVS tarball and make mod_webapp depend on that
>> (if you don't want to have them use CVS), but that looks broken since
>> the switchover.  I'll try and look at it later.  But, rbb may be able
>> to fix it sooner.
>>
>> And, hopefully, rbb and wrowe will back out their inherit changes soon
>> (i.e. make it not required to pass in to the apr_socket_create et al
>> functions, but require it to be explicitly called.)  This should let
>> mod_webapp build again.  -- justin
>
> Fixed, sorry to have broken you Pier.

Don't worry, as I said on the tomcat-dev mailing list, choosing APR was
something planned. I don't care if you break my builds, the tradeoff of
using your code is just awesome.

I plan to keep our CVS sources as "unstable", and tag specific releases of
mod_webapp, tarball them, and distribute them with an APR tarball.

So, guys, just keep up the excellent work, and if something breaks in my
builds, I'll just fix my code. APR is the way to go :)

    Pier