apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject Shared Memory in APR
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 23:18:33 GMT
OK..
got a strange question...

I'm looking at the shared memory functions (in unix), and am struggling
to find out how one can attach to
a shared memory segment already created by another process.

I want to be able to create a a shared memory version of the  hash table
which will be accessable all the processes
but can't seem to see a method to do this, unless I create the shared
mem before I fork and the shared memory variable is
available .

I can live with the above (creating the memory before I call fork) , but
was wondering if there was a better way (mmap'ed files perhaps)