apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Why is free() being called on a mutex lock???
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:43:38 GMT
On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 02:34:42PM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
> In the last outer if statement a call is made to destroy the sms->sms_lock which should
completely destroy and free the lock.  In the next if statement a call to apr_sms_free ()
then tries to free it again.  When traced through it ultimately calls free() on sms->sms_lock
which should have already been destroyed by the call to apr_lock_destroy().  Am I missing
something or is the code trying to free a lock that has already been destroyed?

Yeah, that apr_sms_free is deleted in my local tree for the precise
reasons you mentioned.  That extra call was a thinko on my part.  I
haven't resynced my SMS code because I'm not sure how well SMS can
scale, so I've put SMS on the back burner for a bit.

I'll take a pass at merging my tree with CVS tonight.  No promises
though.  -- justin

P.S. Your mailer sends long lines.