apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/unix sendrecv.c
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:11:20 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 02:58:37PM -0000, gregames@apache.org wrote:
> gregames    01/07/26 07:58:37
>   Modified:    network_io/unix sendrecv.c
>   Log:
>   tweak FreeBSD's apr_sendfile to shrink the object code size.
>   This is what is running on daedalus now (minus the trap for our
>   once-every-three-days-or-so core dump).

+1.  I like this except for the fact that you may end up calling
sendfile() many times if we keep getting -1/EAGAIN with 0 bytes sent.
This is what made my proposed Solaris patch so big was that I only
wanted to try again once.  If we want to do it repeatedly, then the
Solaris patch gets considerably smaller.  =)   -- justin

View raw message