apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: [PATH] MPMT single acceptor patch
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:08:06 GMT
[ Adding dev@apr ]

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 08:44:52AM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> This patch uses the original fdqueue.[ch] logic to implement the single acceptor, multiple
> worker logic in the threaded MPM.  The original fdqueue logic can be found in apache-apr,
but
> I have attached a copy to this message.

Should we APRize the fdqueue.[ch] code and stick it in apr-util?  It
may be a little lightweight to merit that though.  However, it also
relies on pthread condition variables.  Maybe now would be a good
time to add condition variables to APR?  Do other platforms have
the concept of condition variables?

(I know Aaron would love to see condition variables in APR.)  -- justin