apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Inheritable APR handles.
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 01:32:18 GMT
On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 06:15:03PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> If the file implementation that Bill provided defaults to non-inherited,
> then that is wrong, but we MUST have the ability to set files and sockets
> as inherited or not at creation time, and to toggle that switch as needed
> while running the program.

As I read it, Bill's implementation makes the APR_INHERIT a flag that
must be passed in when calling apr_file_open.  Otherwise, it'd default
to making it non-inherited.  Therefore, I'd propose making the flag
APR_NON_INHERIT and making the default as inherited (i.e. when it is
not specified).  That'd satisfy my tastes.  Bill may have just done it
that way because Win32 defaults to non-inherited.

Other than that, no complaints.

+1 as I think we do need something like this at times.  -- justin