apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: lib/apr_signal.c
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:19:35 GMT
On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:14:15AM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > okay... so... what you are saying, effectively, is that apache is
> > vulnerable to a SIGPIPE DOS attack, amongst others.
>
> It shouldn't be.  We block all signals in all processes, and only listen
> for those we care about.

okay!  fantastic!  *happy*.  i think that's what i understood the
code to be doing.

okay.

... do you have a little time spare to help me use this code, then?
or, pointers to a FM to R?

i have [i am afraid to say :)] another idea.

i've just been helping getting SocketServer.py for Python 2.x
improved / generic [yet another base class].

SocketServer.py is basically a mix-in mechanism for UDP/TCP
with Threads/Fork/AnythingElseSuchAsSingleProcessMessaging
and the bit i did was to add UDP/TCP/AnythingYouLike.

what i suspect is happening in subversion [correct me if i'm
wrong, here!] is that they are writing their own server-code.

and httpd has some seriously excellent server-code.

now, on my own, i don't have the experience to write server-code.
not of the quality of httpd.

however, what i _am_ prepared to do is to create a framework
that mirrors that of SocketServer.py (the one in current CVS
for the due 2.1.1 NOT the one in 2.0 NOT the one in 2.1 it
has bugs in the ThreadingMixIn]

i could use this for xvl, cliffs, all of the dcerpc daemons
we'd like to write.  etc.

you could use it for httpd.

subv could use it.

everyone else could use it.