apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: SMS as Pools Patch
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:45:38 GMT
On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 11:12:15AM +0200, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> one: pools in threads are messed up.

Yes.

> two: sms can't be developed effectively because no changes are
> allowed to existing code.  and some of the solutions being proposed
> involve pools and threads.
>
> well, surely those two could be tested and developed at the
> same time, yes?

Part of the problem is that two of the people working on this don't
have commit access to httpd.  David Reid does.  I imagine that Sander
and I can do stuff and post it to the new-httpd list.  If the
new-httpd list judges it a win, it'd go in.  It isn't impossible for us
to get things in, but it just makes it a bit more difficult.  -- justin