apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: lib/apr_signal.c
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:50:57 GMT
i've just this minute checked out httpd 2.0

the function apr_signal is still used in about
four places
in httpd, according to latest cvs. doing a grep

now whether any of those actually _compile_ is
another matter for more than a cursory glance.

... which brings me [doggedly] back to a question
i asked last week but did not get a response:

how is signal handling dealt with in APR?

how do i block or catch signals?

i do not want to fall foul of the report by todd sabin from
razor.bindview.com that says that 80% of programs written for
unix are vulnerable to SIGNAL attacks - especially
SIG_PIPE.

i do not pretend to understand all
of the issues but i know that they are there,
so i am raising them here
for people with more experience than i to
address them

what is APR and httpd's view with respect to signals and
signal blocking?

how is this handled?