apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/memory/unix apr_sms.c apr_sms_trivial.c sms_private.h
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2001 19:04:21 GMT
On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 05:14:47PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
[...]
> Error-checking
> is something that we pointedly avoid doing in APR.
[...]

Please tell me this is not a general policy, and that APR has a small
amount of error checking. Pretty please? I don't advocate pedantic
error checking, but it should have at least enough to make it easier for
developers to find their bugs while coding. (isn't this the difference
between "debug" and "release" versions? Efficiency at the expense of
minor usability improvements??)

(yes, I'm revisiting a thread from a few weeks ago)

-aaron