apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Pool Replay Code
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2001 08:21:36 GMT
On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 10:07:14PM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> The following belongs in apr/test.
> It will replay files generated by the following patch:
> There are 2 sample replay files which should also get commited at
> webperf.org/a2/pool (they are too large to post)

You know, this would be good to have a SMS.  *hint*, *hint*.  I'm
not a fan of seeing more #ifdefs in the code.  The problem is that you'd
have to instrument with an SMS-enabled httpd.  =)  Then, you could run
your testpool against SMS or a pool.

apr_sms_replay_t would just be a child SMS of an apr_sms_trivial_t
but it opens the log file and writes the operations out and calls
its parent (the trivial SMS) to do the heavy lifting.  You can have an
#ifdef in apr_sms_pools.c that creates apr_sms_replay_t (you'd need
another pool create call to create the trivial SMS to pass to the
apr_sms_replay_t).  -- justin