apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/memory/unix apr_sms.c apr_sms_trivial.c sms_private.h
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2001 00:14:47 GMT
On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 04:01:35PM -0700, dean gaudet wrote:
> what's it really matter?  trying to clean up from OOM is near impossible.

Which brings me back to my original question: "Why do we have an abort
function?"  As you said (I was originally thinking this, but admittedly,
I didn't bring this up), we can't do much.  About the only thing we can
do is exit.  We *might* be able to make a log entry somewhere, but that
depends if we need memory to do the printf or whatnot.

And, if palloc returns junk - NULL or non-NULL, we're bound to segfault
at some point - which takes care of our process anyway.  Error-checking
is something that we pointedly avoid doing in APR.

I'm not still sure what the abort function gets us.  -- justin