apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Shared Memory in APR
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 23:52:56 GMT
On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 04:41:02PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> Currently you can't, because MM doesn't really support it.  We need to
> re-write the shared memory code, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to do
> that until the SMS stuff calms down.

Yeah, I was going to say about that same thing.  Once the memory freaks
stop obessing over SMS, one of us is bound to look at shared memory.  =)

I looked quickly at MM and a lot of their code is duplicated in other
parts of our code (i.e. locking), so it probably makes sense to just
take in the parts of MM that actually deal with shared memory,
and APRize the rest.

(I've been going over the SMS code all day...)  -- justin