apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: largefiles on unix
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:33:15 GMT
From: "Dale Ghent" <daleg@elemental.org>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 1:04 PM

> This should probably be addressed. I started 2.0.21 up last night, and one
> of my log files has grown to be >2GB (my apache 1.3.20 knows largefiles)
> and httpd silently died when it attempted to open() the access_log and it
> failed with EOVERFLOW.
>
> I know this was taolked about in the past... what's the issue with getting
> support for it? Conflicts with the APR typedefs?

No... if you set the platform specific LARGEFILES define (depending on os)
to the build, off_t should become 64 bits.  Likewise, we want to note
APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES.  That should be it.

You will begin to discover all the bad arguments, but we needed to fix those
anyways.

I still have the "Maxiumum size of a <bucket> of data?" question on the table :(

Bill