apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject lengths - brigades v.s. buckets.
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 01:08:14 GMT
Ok, I'm back to fixing all the 64 bit off_t discrepancies in APR/Apache.

Can we basically agree that a "Bucket" can never be bigger than apr_ssize_t?
I've no problems with using apr_off_t for the length of a full Brigades itself.
That means we can split a brigade on any apr_off_t, but would only need to
split a bucket on an apr_ssize_t.  It implies a 'Pipe' bucket can't generate
more than 2^31 bytes without breaking the code.

This means a huge file would need to be split by the caller into multiple file
buckets, no longer than ssize_t.  Is this reasonable?

Bill