apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 01:02:33 GMT
From: <stoddard@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 12:30 PM

> stoddard    01/07/12 10:30:16
>
>   Modified:    threadproc/win32 proc.c
>   Log:
>   Set the DETACHED_PROCESS creation flag

>             * window we are starting in.  And we had better redfine our
>             * handles for STDIN, STDOUT, and STDERR.
>             */
>   +        dwCreationFlags |= DETACHED_PROCESS;

This bit us in the ass on Win9x a while ago.  Essentially, you cannot launch
any detached 16 bit console process on 9x and trust it's stdin/out/err handles
are set appropriately, or closed correctly to tell the parent the child is dead.

So if these are the apache.exe flags (and even logging or other non-cgi bits), great.
If they will be used to launch CGI, I'm -1 for this patch unless you test for
oslevel >= NT.