apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Tag 2.0.21 was Re: daedalus is back on 2.0.21-dev
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:39:07 GMT
From: "Justin Erenkrantz" <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 1:06 PM

> I wouldn't recommend using the threaded code at all because we are still
> doing a per-process allocation mutex which causes threaded to become
> useless.  When that is changed (i.e. we enable SMS), I think that
> threaded MPM will deserve to be beat up and tested.  -- justin

Tag and roll today, and enable SMS.  This is now a bottleneck, and no doubt
SMS will _significantly_ help us out with the threading/locking performance
issues.  The tree is stable so let users bang on it, but lets get SMS turned
on sooner rather than later, since the longer it is in use, the more quickly
bugs will be fleshed out.