apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/xml Makefile.in
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:11:25 GMT
On Monday 30 July 2001 08:07, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Monday 30 July 2001 07:53, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > rbb@apache.org writes:
> > > rbb         01/07/29 21:32:42
> > >
> > >   Modified:    .        buildconf.sh configure.in
> > >                buckets  Makefile.in
> > >                crypto   Makefile.in
> > >                dbm      Makefile.in
> > >                dbm/sdbm Makefile.in
> > >                encoding Makefile.in
> > >                hooks    Makefile.in
> > >                misc     Makefile.in
> > >                uri      Makefile.in
> > >                xml      Makefile.in
> > >   Removed:     build    Makefile.in PrintPath default.pl install-sh
> > >                         rules.mk.in
> > >   Log:
> > >   Convert apr-util to use APR's build directory.  This greatly
> > > simplifies apr-util's build system, because it has basically been
> > > removed.
> >
> > FYI... apr-util autoconf is now failing with
> >
> >   autoconf: Undefined macros:
> >   configure.in:73:dnl AC_PROG_LIBTOOL can't be invoked more than once, so
> > this configure.in:83:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> >
> > and the resulting configure (bogus since autoconf exits with an error)
> > creates a broken apu_select_dbm.h.
> >
> > (platforms: Linux, HP, AIX, Tru64, etc.  libtool version 1.3.5 on
> > Linux, 1.3beta on AIX, dunno what version elsewhere)
>
> This isn't happening on my maching.  I am using libtool 1.3.3, which may be
> the difference that matters.  I don't have a box with libtool 1.3.5
> anywhere, so I can't look into it easily.

Just took a second look at this.  This looks like a problem with m4.  The first undefined
macro, line 73 is actually a comment in the configure.in file.  This means that autoconf
is for some reason trying to use that line as a macro, which it just isn't.

I'll keep looking to see if I can make it fail on my end.

Ryan