apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Conditionals...
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:39:57 GMT
Folks,

The httpd guys have started adding the code that uses pthread conditionals,
but we did talk about possibly adding it to APR.  So, what do we think?

I guess what we're talking about is

apr_cond_t

apr_cond_create

apr_cond_signal
apr_cond_broadcast
apr_cond_wait

apr_cond_destroy

I know it'll be a PITA to write the implementation on beos, but it *should*
be possible.  Given that the code in httpd currently is unix specific
anyway, should we add a cond directory and simply return APR_ENOTIMPL for
the other platforms while work is started for them?  ISTR that no clear
answer was given as to the possibility of having conditionals on OS/2,
Windows and Netware...

david