apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: SMS as Pools Patch
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:12:26 GMT
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 11:12:15AM +0200, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
wrote:
> > one: pools in threads are messed up.
>
> Yes.
>
> > two: sms can't be developed effectively because no changes are
> > allowed to existing code.  and some of the solutions being proposed
> > involve pools and threads.
> >
> > well, surely those two could be tested and developed at the
> > same time, yes?
>
> Part of the problem is that two of the people working on this don't
> have commit access to httpd.  David Reid does.  I imagine that Sander
> and I can do stuff and post it to the new-httpd list.  If the
> new-httpd list judges it a win, it'd go in.  It isn't impossible for us
> to get things in, but it just makes it a bit more difficult.  -- justin

Given that I'm trying (despite all the misleading subject lines) to follow
this, if something needs to go into httpd then I'll commit it once I've
looked at it.  I actually think most of the issues are within APR and only
once we've addressed some of those will we really be at the stage of making
changes to httpd...  Using the threads sms will be one place where it'll be
worthwhile checking the effect, and if it's as good as we hope then making
the change.

david